Class 1 HGV Driver - Dayshift and Nightshift - Inverness and Aberlour
Carntyne Transport part of the Russell Group has established itself as a market leader, servicing some of Europe’s largest organisations and the world’s strongest brands. It is through Carntyne's highly skilled and motivated workforce, attention to detail, and excellent customer service that the company has grown to where it is today.
We are currently looking to recruit Class 1 drivers based at our depots in Inverness and Aberlour. There are opportunities to work Dayshift /Nightshift & Weekends for dedicated, hardworking individuals with a proven track record. This role will require a high level of physical activity and all applicants must be physically fit and able to manual handle. working throughout central belt and Northern Scotland. Servicing a variety of customers – Casks, Curtains & Tank Work
· Must be Professional, polite, friendly, and approachable as forward facing, with direct interaction with key customers on a daily basis.
· A safety first approach to working practices at all times.
· Ability to work to set timelines as our customers work to scheduled slots.
· The ability to undertake heavy lifting, (Must be physically fit in order to undertake physically demanding work involving the movements of Casks – Loading/Unloading).
· A flexible approach to start times and working pattern as dictated by the needs of the business.
Skills / Qualifications
· Valid Cat C+E License (preference is to have held your license for a minimum of 2 years with a proven track record in a similar industry). However Open to flex for the correct candidate.
· Clean driving license advantageous (however max 6 points).
· Valid Driver CPC Qualification / Card.
· Valid ADR Certificate advantageous however not essential for this role.
· Excellent knowledge and understanding of Tachograph rules and regulations and WTD.
· Good geographical knowledge across the UK.
· Can do attitude, ability to work alone or within a team.
· Proficient in load security across various asset types.
· Good communication skills internally and externally.
· Full time, permanent role after successful probationary period.
· 45 hours per week with reasonable overtime expected.
· 28 days annual leave.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Scotland: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: Inverness/Aberlour
To apply, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org