Group HSE Manager
Group HSE Manager
The Russell Group is a leading transport and logistics provider committed to delivering high value solutions across the UK and Europe. We have a great opportunity for a Group HSE Manager to join our Head Office Team. The role will be based in West Central Scotland, with regular travel across the Group’s businesses required.
What does the job entail?
As the Group HSE Manager, you will be responsible for coordinating, supporting and advising the business on all aspects of HSE. You will be expected to implement, manage and monitor standards, processes and communications to ensure all responsibilities associated with HSE within the business are adhered to. Key responsibilities include:
- To lead the Health, Safety & Environment function for the business, ensuring that the business complies with all aspects of Health and Safety and Environmental legislation.
- Providing authoritative advice to all business unit functions on relevant safety management systems to support and assist them to carry out their accountabilities for H, S & E.
- Responsible for developing and implementing a Group monitoring and measuring audit process against the effectiveness of the EHS management system and providing recommendation changes to reinforce culture and continuous improvement.
- Advise on health and safety competency and training requirements of Functional Teams; prepare and deliver internal presentations, including team briefs, health and safety awareness or other training as required.
- Providing strategies to plan and organise work systems to reduce health & safety risks and recommending suitable adaptations to plant, machinery and processes.
- Prepare regular reports and data on operational H&S performance versus targets and objectives and ensure appropriately communicated to instigate action for improvement
Our Ideal Candidate
You will have extensive HSE experience ideally obtained within a warehouse / transport environment, with up-to-date knowledge of UK HSE legislation. A NEBOSH Diploma in Health & Safety or equivalent is required. You will also be a Chartered Member of IOSH or can demonstrate that you are working towards this. Being DGSA qualified and having an environmental qualification, such as IEMA, is also desirable.
The ability to work collaboratively across multi-disciplinary teams and build effective working relationships is essential. Experience of designing and implementing HSE initiatives and developing training materials would also be beneficial. You will have strong computer skills and be competent in the use of the MS Office package.
As travel between sites is required, you must have a Full UK driving licence.
What is on offer?
You will normally work 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday, although some flexibility out with these times is required as the business operates seven days per week.
In return, we will offer you a competitive salary, car cash option and contributory pension.
If you are ready for a new challenge and have the relevant experience, we would love to hear from you. Please forward your CV and salary expectations to Janet Andrews, Group HR Business Partner at email@example.com by 15 July 2022.