Health & Safety Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Health and Safety Manager to join the team. Based in Central Scotland, the successful candidate will identify, coordinate and drive improvements in safety, quality, and productivity, while working closely with the Operational Management teams.
- Managing the health and safety functions to ensure the safety of colleagues and delivery of key objectives.
- Identifying and supporting health and safety improvement initiatives across the business.
- Providing health and safety advice and guidance to stakeholders.
- Review and audit of health & safety management across the operations driving improvements where appropriate.
- Organise work systems to reduce health & safety risk and recommending suitable adaptations to plant, machinery, and processes.
- Providing management information and statistics related to health and safety.
- Driving behavioural safety and culture change programmes across the company.
- Co-ordinate / Deliver health and safety training for employees.
- Support, generate and review risk assessments for all activities.
- Work with wider business on implementation and review of company safety policies ensuring that local legislative requirements are satisfied.
- Ensuring all accidents / incidents are investigated, reported and where applicable notify and liaise directly with competent authority.
- Support the business with its sustainability journey.
- Lead projects and initiatives involving building and facilities.
- Qualified to NEBOSH General level or above, with previous health and safety management experience (gained in a warehouse/transport environment would be advantageous)
- Flexible approach to work, with ability to manage own priorities and workload.
- Comfortable operating at all levels of the organisation and in delivering change.
- Excellent communication, influencing and presentation skills.
- An in-depth knowledge of EU & UK Health & Safety legislation
- Ability to conduct robust accident / incident investigation including interviewing, root cause analysis, report creation and presentation is essential.
- Generating and conducting comprehensive risk assessments and safe systems of work
- Able to interpret data and create reports to assist with our sustainability drive.
- DGSA qualification and experience of working within COMAH Regulations would be advantageous but not a prerequisite.
- Strong IT, report writing, and presentation skills is essential.
- Full UK driving licence is essential.
In return, we will offer you a competitive package including company car allowance, and the opportunity to develop an exciting and rewarding career with one of the UK's leading private logistics companies.
In the first instance, please e-mail your CV, with a covering letter detailing your current salary and package to Human Resource Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org